I’ve spent the last week or so in a dream like state at Ballymaloe Cookery School. As you may already know from my last post, it has been my dream to come here from many years. There were so many moments throughout the week when I was practically pinching myself – is this actually happening?! It’s a bit surreal being in such close proximity to people you have admired and respected from afar for so many years and to suddenly be in their presence on a daily basis!
It’s been an amazing but also an overwhelming week – there has been so much going on and so much to take in! I’m lucky to be sharing a house with 3 fab ladies, and we have enjoyed a glass or two of vino together at a few stages during the week to unwind!
- A selection of delights for our first lunch
- Tuesday – I learned this the hard way!! I was pursued by an angry goose, I’d be shocked if he didn’t wake up half the neighbours with all the noise he made!
- Wednesday dish 1 – Wild Garlic Pesto
- The Shell House – one of the landmarks on my new commute!
- Wine tasting Thursday! We tasted two Chardonnay’s as well as getting an unexpected visit from the owners of Van Brunt Stillhouse Whiskey’s
- A quick wander around the herb garden on Friday morning to familiarise myself with some of the herbs